Q: When purchasing automobile insurance what should I consider?
A: There are several things you should consider when purchasing automobile insurance that your independent agent will help you with. Here are a few:
- Purchase the amount of liability coverage which makes sense for you.
- Select the optional coverages you want.
- Decide which company to purchase insurance from.
- Don't base your decision solely on price. Other factors like service and claim response are extremely important in selecting the right insurance.
Q: Does my insurance policy cover a friend if I loan him/her my car ?
A: When you loan your car to a friend or an associate, he or she will be covered under your automobile insurance policy.
Q: What is collision physical damage coverage?
A: Collision is the loss you incur when your automobile collides with another vehicle or object like a telephone pole.
Q: What is comprehensive physical damage coverage?
A: Comprehensive provides coverage for direct physical damage losses you could incur to your car from something like a hailstorm.
Q: How can I lower my automobile insurance rates?
A: There are several things you can do to lower the cost of your automobile insurance.
- One way is to look for competitive pricing. An independent agent works with many companies and can provide you comparative rates and insure that your are getting the same coverage.
- Another way to lower the cost is to change your deductible. By raising your deductible you may lower the cost of your automobile insurance almost 10% You must be able to pay the deductible amount in case of a claim. You can also look for discounts that you may be entitled to. Some examples of discounts that may be available are: multiple cars under the same policy, carrying a homeowners policy with the same insurance company, different groups or associations.